Top 15 Cat Quotations
Gain some insight into how your favorite feline actually feels about you and life in general with these enlightening quotations about cats...
- "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later."--
- "I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul."
-- Jean Cocteau
- "What if it was cats who invented technology... would they have tv shows starring rubber sqeak toys?"
-- Douglas Coupland
- "In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats."
-- English Proverb
- "Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
- "Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture."
-- Jacquelyn Mitchard
- "When the mouse laughs at the cat, there is a hole nearby."
-- Nigerian Proverb
- "It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?"
--Eleanor H. Porter
- "A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatever, and generally stopping before it gets there."
-- Agnes Repplier
- "There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
-- Albert Schweitzer
- "Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God."--
- "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function."
- "In ancient egypt, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
- "Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."
- "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer."
--Alfred North Whitehead
About The Author
© Danielle Hollister (2004) is the Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8364.asp